Send review CDs to:

Send review CDs to: 180 Station Street, Suite 53, Ajax, Ontario, L1S 1R9 or friend JAIMIE VERNON on Facebook to send downloadable links.

Monday 18 June 2012

It Came From Outer Space - TOP 20 Alien Films

This week I went to see ‘Prometheus’ one of the few films I’ve made time to deliberately go and see this year (the record defying ‘The Avengers’ is the other). As the trailers and teasers have been unfolding for months online I came to realize that I’ve been waiting 32 years for it. Ridley Scott returns to the universe where ‘Alien’ scared the hell out of the world – and space – back in 1979. I didn’t see ‘Alien’ in the theatres during its first run because it was restricted, but when I was 17 I took a job doing janitorial work at the Canadian National Exhibition during the summer of 1980 [the year of the Alice Cooper riot at CNE Stadium]. At the end of our three weeks of low wage grounds sweeping, puke washing, garbage hauling, back breaking labour our supervisor invited us all to a farewell party at his apartment. Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment